- The collection of all information described in this policy is the minimum requirement necessary for processing the eVisa application and he/she provides all such information intentionally and willingly.
- He/she is aware of the inherent risks associated with transmission of information through the Internet and knowingly accepts these risks.
- The Immigration department may use the e-mail address he/she provides on this website for the purposes of communicating with him/her regarding matters having to do with his/her eVisa.
- The Immigration Department’s entire liability to him/her is limited to the terms and conditions as provided in the Conditions of Use and this Privacy Notice.
Undertakings by the Immigration Department to each Applicant for an eVisa
The Immigration Department recognises that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we respect your right to privacy. All information that is acquired is treated as confidential by the immigration department of the Government of Montserrat.
The information each applicant provides on this site helps us continually improve our service delivery. We collect a wide range of information from visitors to this website and applicants including:
- Information you provide during your visit: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. The information is used for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatically Collected Information: We receive and store several types of information whenever you visit this web site. [Like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and obtain certain kinds of information when your Web browser accesses the Immigration Department website and other content served by or on behalf of the Immigration Department on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: We usually receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from the Immigration Department if your computer supports such capabilities. This is done primarily to enhance our service delivery.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and may add it to our account information.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. You may choose to disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
Sharing of Information
Protection of the Immigration Department and others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Immigration Department, our users, or others. This includes:
- exchanging information with other Immigration Departments or other governmental organisations or entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and always in accordance with the law;
- sharing record of visitor logs with law enforcement agencies. As an additional measure of security and quality control, a log is maintained of visits to these eVisa pages. This log is used only for the purposes of quality control and improvement of services.
- This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from applicants for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Other than as set out above, we will only share your information with your permission.
Security of Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order and we only transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
You are entitled to and may choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to apply for an eVisa.
- You may add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail or other mail from us with this privacy notice, our conditions of use and other legal notices, those notices will still govern your use of this website, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit this website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Montserrat. If you have any concern about privacy at our website, please contact us with complete details of your complaint or concern, and we will try to provide a solution.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and may change from time to time. Please check our Web site frequently for any new changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and unless required by law will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of information collected from you in the past.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform and your history of site visits; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number.